This year, we are preparing to host several of our trademark Brave Musician Workshops across the US. We are really passionate about creating and hosting these workshops, so we wanted to provide a peek into our own behind-the-scenes on how they are developed and why they are useful in becoming a Brave Musician.
Workshops are a unique way to deep-dive into what it means to be a musician.
They allow us to interact with each other over a dedicated time to connect on a deep level. We especially love to create a safe space and an environment of curiosity, so that fellow Brave Musicians can have guided conversations that help each other grow.
We also love to use our experiences and inspirations from different industries outside of music, combining our foundation of music education with service and experience design. We are both also avid readers and followers of thought leaders like Brene Brown, Seth Godin, Jay Shetty, Amy Cuddy, Dan Ariely, and others who are doing groundbreaking work in personal development. All this allows us to incorporate learnings from psychology, behavior science, and innovation, to create the tools, environment, and opportunities for growth.
The topics and conversations within our workshop are part of our general philosophy and teachings about what it means to be a Brave Musician. While we are also developing materials in other formats as well, there’s a special power in coming together in a workshop setting, to get acquainted with being a Brave Musician and connecting with the Brave community.
WHAT A BRAVE MUSICIAN WORKSHOP IS
- It provides proven tools to explore the often-neglected mental and emotional aspects of being a musician
- Frameworks to think through your own journey and exercise creative confidence
- Expand mindsets to help you develop and reach your goals
- A thriving community of others who are working through similar challenges
- The beginning of an ongoing connection, with us and the community, to continue nurturing your learning and progress over time
WHAT A BRAVE MUSICIAN WORKSHOP ISN’T
- It’s not a magical cure for all the struggles of being a Brave Musician
- It doesn’t replace the work you have to do on your own after the workshop is over
- It is not a place where you have to sit and listen to a lecture - but one where you get to bring in your own experience
WHO SHOULD TAKE OUR WORKSHOP
- Musicians of any level, style, or skill
- Musicians who feel “stuck”
- Musicians who want to explore facets of being a musician, beyond skill and technique
- Musicians who are struggling with any aspect of being a musician
- Musicians who are curious
- Musicians who are committed to creative growth
- Musicians who want a spark of inspiration
- Musicians who want to find their people
If you find yourself saying “hell yes” to any of these things, we’d love to have you join in the conversation. We’ve got upcoming workshops in Phoenix and LA, and other ones through the country later this year. Stay tuned for more info!